Friday, August 24, 2007

journal

1. How does values work to your advantages? Describe your first few experiences at MCL.

With my values, i can interact with different kinds of people without hesitations. I have no difficulties of making new friends.On my first day at MCL ofcourse i was very excired. It was fun because i made alot of friends in just a day.

2. How did you adjust to college life? What are the adjustments that you have to make?

College work is harder than my studies in the highschool have been. I have to adjust in the method of instruction and the manner of conducting classes because it's very much different in college, have more liberty and independence.

3. What are the two values that you practiced for two days? How was the freshman night? Or what is your most significant school experience?

On my first two days i practiced my independence and interaction with different kinds of people. The freshman night was great! We saw a lot of good bands perform. Like the callalily and mom's cake.

4. "Do unto others what you want others to do unto you". How would you like to be treated by others when you commit mistakes? Voice out opinions, suggestions or when you dont like what they are asking you to do.


Ofcourse i want others to treat me right. Especially when i commit mistake i want others to realize that nobody's perfect and try to understand me.

5. Write an essay about the most challenging thing you've ever done.

The most challenging thing I've ever done is when my famiy had a problem and I'm the one who try to solve and help them even it is difficult and complicated, eventually; I did it well and good. But before I did that, I pray to god first to ask his guidance and give me some strength througout the challenges I will faced. Of course, you should be prepared enough and broad minded to face the challenges.In this challenge I learned to become more responsible, independent and deep thinker to face any challenges. It will make you strong and self reliant

6. Challenge yourself to excel in school activities such as exams, assignments, projects. Talk about your experience and what you learned from it.


I'm not an excellent student but im doing my best to be one. I learned that the most successful men and women are those who works the hardest and put up a lot of routine activities.

7. After having assessed your health condition, how do you plan to improve it? What is your reaction to an inconvenient truth? Cite a specific plan of action to save your environment.


After having assessed my health condition, i plan to live a healthier life. I used to smoke but now i'm trying very hard to avoid it because i just realized that it will not do me any good.I can help save our environment by simply putting my garbage in the right place, by respecting the beauty of nature and not harm it at all.

8. Choose a challenge. Tell the truth, return recovered things, admit mistakes, avoid cheating. Talk about your experience and how you felt afterwards and what you learned from it.Tell the truth and admit a mistake.


When i was still studying in other school, i failed some of my subjects because at that time i never took my studies seriously. I had a very difficult time telling my parents what's really going on with my studies. But eventually i had the strength to tell them the truth and admit my mistake. It was a relief because i dont have to hide anything from them. And i realized that honesty is really the best policy.

9. Cite an experience you had with negative peer pressure. How did you react to it? why? how dis you feel about your decisions?


Before i had a friend who uses drugs, he's dragging me to do the same but i did not let him influence me. It's not always easy to resist negative peer pressure, but when you do, it is easy to feel good about it afterwards. And you may even be a positive influence on your peers who feel the same way. Often it just takes one person to speak out or take a different action to change a situation..

1 comment:

Joahna Eduarte said...

Thank you for complying with the requirements and hope you did learn something from our classes which you can apply in your daily life. God bless! Hope you maintain this blog and use a lighter color;)
MS. TOLEDO